Friday, February 04, 2005

the phone rang early this morning . Seth was already in the shower as I got up to listen to the message as I let it go to the phone machine. As I knew it had to be, it was my supvr at work inviting me to work my day off. As I contemplated that thought, the window beheld another beautiful wintry morning emerging . The branches and trees had an icy covering that grew brighter as the sun emerged. Cuffy has been getting fat, mom says she needs a walk daily. Before 10 we were out collecting firewood , then off on a wintry march. The ditch is a hidden gem of wildlife. It is sidetrack of the Maumee river. Today deep snow covers its banks and is piled on its sides from the township snowplow. Every so often at the bottom where ice meets snow is a round muskrat hole with small tracks leading to it. Cuffy and I walked a long way down the ditch today on the ice, in some spots the sun was opening rivlets of running water. Cuffy is ever adventurous, popping her big nose into a hole- no prey in that one! It is a great place for reflection, God's bigness, very quiet except for the humming of electrical insulators as we pass the wooden sentries. The piled snow is so deep that the occassional passing car will not see us. I should have taken my digital camera down there

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?